Activities Director - Jefferson House
|Title:||Activities Director - Jefferson House|
Jefferson House is seeking an experienced, skilled, enthusiastic, and passionate Active Living Director to join our team!
Individuals with a keen interest in theater, musical performance, or teaching art to groups strongly encouraged to apply.
Jefferson House is a BRAND NEW, state of the art, innovative, community in Kirkland, WA. We specialize in Memory Care with our very own Memory Care experts. Located directly on Main Street, Jefferson House, has incredible amenities including an ice cream parlor and candy shoppe! Jefferson House presents our beautiful Urban Garden Style community. Check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUQt9PpJLVA&t=4s\
Come join our team and take part in this amazing community.
At Jefferson House, we love what we do, and have fun while we're doing it! Working with our residents is an adventure. They've led amazing lives and have the stories to prove it. Here, you'll join a community of incredible residents and a company with 60 years of providing the highest quality of service and care. Here are some of the great benefits to working for a Koelsch Community:
• Opportunity for growth within the organization
• Excellent employee benefits program
• Professional development and senior-care training opportunities
• Health and dental insurance, vacation, and paid sick leave benefit offerings for full-time employees (or as required by the state for PT staff)
• Positive work environment
• Full-time shifts with consistent schedules
• Staff appreciation parties
• Staff appreciation gifts or gift cards
• Opportunities to be featured in our Spotlight Company Newsletter
• Length of Service Bonus: up to $2,000 progressively paid out over tenure
• Signature company jacket awarded every 5 years of service
If you are interested in joining a team that is passionate about serving residents, we'd love to hear from you. Please apply online or in person to meet some of our team!
• Plan and conduct activities with a large group of varying abilities, both physical and cognitive
• Manage the department schedule, budget, and activity calendar
• Manage and train staff and volunteers
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Design team building initiatives
• Facilitate discussion groups, learning clubs, wellness programs and hands-on workshops
• Create interventions for specific residents with special needs
• Must have at least 1 year of experience planning and directing activities for elderly residents. A combination of experience and required education will be considered.*
• Must be drug free and submit to a drug screening upon hire and routinely.
• Must be able to pass a criminal background check upon hire and as required by state regulations.
• Ability to communicate effectively with residents, families, staff, vendors, and the general public
*TX/IL: Any required activity directing certifications
About Jefferson House:
We are third generation, family owned, and operated. Koelsch Communities operates 30 communities in eight states, with 9 new communities in development. Koelsch has led the Senior Living industry for 60 years, delivering world-class customer service, home craftsmanship, and unprecedented amenities. After all, the common purpose at Koelsch Communities is: To create happiness by providing the finest living experiences anywhere.
If you would like to look more in depth into Koelsch Communities, check out more videos here: https://www.youtube.com/user/Koelschsenior/videos
KSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Key words: Active Living Director, Director, Activities, Senior Living, Life Enrichment Director, Activity Director, Lifelong Learning Program Director, Program Director, Reminiscing Director, Memory Care, Recreation Therapy Director, Recreation Therapy.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications